Our Client, a building services company based in Waterford are seeking an organised, experienced purchasing officer to join their growing team. In this position, you will research and negotiate the best price and quality for their supply needs. You will establish relationships and serve as a representative of the company when negotiating contracts and building vendor and supplier trust as well as track and monitor the delivery and confirmation of all materials and supplies.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Purchasing Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers
- Request quotes and compare prices for maximum ROI
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiate appropriate contracts for pricing and supply
- Examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality
- Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time, and note actual arrival time
- Organize and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies
- Work with team members, supervisors, and purchasing manager to develop future purchasing plans and source potential relationships with vendors
- Analyse potential vendors and suppliers for future project needs
- Ensure all deliveries contain all goods requested
- Collaborate with financial team members on contracts, invoicing, and other financial matters.
- Quality officer Duties & responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the ISO system.
- Liaise with team members and collate all forms and records for system.
- Complete audits on system regularly.
- Liaise with external Audit teams.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes, policy, and systems
- Two years previous experience as purchasing officer, manager, or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to negotiate, establish, and process contracts
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Eileen on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.