Our Client, a West Cork based Hotel has a vacancy for a General Manager. The General Manager will work alongside the Owner in ensuring the smooth operation of the hotel which has a bar, restaurant, function room and leisure center.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and the day to day running of the hotel planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front of house, food and beverage operations, housekeeping, etc. The candidate will also be responsible for the recruitment, selection and on boarding of all staff and any training and development required.
- Planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
- Promoting and marketing the business – this includes both the accommodation, functions and events
- Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies
- Set and achieve sales and profit targets
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Must have a proven track record at management level within the hospitality industry
- Strong people management experience and extensive hands – on experience
- Strong numeracy and logistical planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and a drive to succeed
For immediate consideration please call Karrena on 051 878 813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.