An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in Kilkenny for a Health and Safety Officer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety Officer
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Gary on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People also recruit for similar roles such as Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Co-ordinator, Compliance Auditor, Regulatory Affairs Officer, Regulatory Affairs Manager.