Hartley People are looking to recruit a Gatehouse Operative to join a well-known operation in Waterford. The ideal candidate will be diligent in data entry and used to a busy work environment.
Responsibilities / Principal Duties:
- Access control to the facility by means of operation of the road traffic barriers.
- Observant of the facilities security and awareness of non-authorised activities.
- Undertake intermittent security checks via CCTV monitors.
- Act as the first point of contact in the receipt of visitors / contractors / emergency services.
- Correctly and efficiently book in and out all visitors via the internal systems.
- Liaise with the key stakeholders to minimise any delays which may delay movement of traffic
- Correctly weigh-in and weigh-out trucks on weighbridge system.
- Ensure all persons entering the facility are wearing the appropriate safety equipment.
- Update and record the information required in the Gatehouse Duty Logs.
- Undertake all necessary training and development as required by management.
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the management.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Previous experience in a transport / logistics environment or similar role either in an operational or office-based role is highly desirable.
- A basic to intermediate working knowledge of Windows-based computer systems – e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and an ability to input data on our internal operating System.
- An ability to assess and record information in a concise and accurate manner in order to prioritise work demands.
- A working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- An ability to work calmy and effectively in a team setting and unsupervised where necessary.
- Excellent organisational skills with accuracy and attention to detail crucial to the role.
- Excellent people / interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear English oral and written communication is essential to communicate confidently and politely with colleagues, hauliers, stakeholders, customers, and visitors.
- Maintain high level of concentration throughout an 8-hour shift.
- An ability to deal with occasional exposure to difficult hauliers, customers, visitors, or the general public.
What’s on offer:
- The working week is 40 hours consisting of 5 x 8 hours shifts Monday to Friday
- Overtime maybe required on exceptional occasions.
- Full Training provided.
- 20 days holidays plus weekends and all bank holidays off.
- Pension scheme, sick benefit scheme and a death-in service benefit scheme.
What to do next ?
Contact me in the strictest of confidence to discuss further.
If you do not possess all of these attributes or this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Damien on 053 9100111 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in response to this job posting.