An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a leading company in Kilkenny.
Working as a Financial Accountant you will have full responsibility for the valuation and control monitoring of inventory and will report to the Accounting & Reporting Manager.
For the right candidate this role offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and knowledge within a large and complex business. This experience will provide a fantastic grounding for your future career ambitions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the SAP inventory module.
- Own and operate the monthly inventory valuation process
- Thoroughly understanding the costing process for operations
- Assessing accuracy of packing and ingredient usage cost, investigating variances and resolving as part of the month-end reporting cycle
- Continuous review of all inventory related finance models and valuation process
- Support the preparation of gross margin variance analysis reports, with particular focus on revenue and cost of goods sold
- Assist with the development of a methodology for the detailed analysis cost of goods sold variances verses plan
- Liaising with other finance departments as part of the monthly accounting and budgeting process
- On-going communications with Operations and Supply Chain
- Work with Accounting & Reporting peers to drive process improvement, reporting capability development, finance automation and assigned projects / objectives
- Support the external and internal audit activity.
- Professional accounting qualification – 3-5 years PQE required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP with the ability to build and maintain detailed models
- Experience of ERP systems, Data Warehousing platforms and report design a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of cost accounting in a large manufacturing environment a distinct advantage
- Process driven individual with ability to identify and implement streamlining opportunities in a continuous improvement environment
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration, please call Karrena on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.