An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in Dublin for an Environmental Health and Safety Officer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company.
- Develop guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards within both health and safety and environmental legislation
- Prepare and inspect both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation
- Conducting both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met
- Observe personnel on-site to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees
- Lead and coordinate incident investigations and utilise root cause analysis
- Ensure continued compliance with all regulatory standards including ISO14000 & ISO45001
- Be proactive in identifying both positive and negative incidents while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures
- Manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with the Training Department
- Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies & procedures
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business
- Degree qualified, in an EHS discipline
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Possess an Internal Auditing accreditation to include Integrated Management Systems (ISO 14000 and ISO 45001)
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations
- Preferably has qualifications in the following areas – Train the Trainer, First Aid, Manual Handling and DSE Assessor
- Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industry essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Gary on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People also recruit for similar roles such as Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Co-ordinator, Compliance Auditor, Regulatory Affairs Officer, Regulatory Affairs Manager.