An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in County Waterford for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established progressive organisation.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of all occupational health and safety
- Responsible for updating risk assessments and the safety statement
- Accident/Incident Investigation
- Maintaining material register
- Implementing and updating emergency response procedures
- Co-ordinate manual handling training with the personnel and training executive
- Co-ordinate to update and add SOPs
- Preparing reports to the local authority, to demonstrate compliance with the Packaging and VOC Regulations
- Monitors and evaluates site performance on key security issues on programs, recommends corrective action programs where appropriate
- Makes security arrangements regarding the opening / closing hours of the site
- Maintains on-site security systems
- 3rd Level Degree in Health & Safety
- Formal H&S qualification, minimum degree level
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Additional skills which would be a distinct advantage: Trained VDU Assessor, Current Safe Pass Card, Manual Handling instructor
- Ability to motivate people in relation to health and safety
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and continuous improvement experience.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Gary on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People also recruit for similar roles such as Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Co-ordinator, Compliance Auditor, Regulatory Affairs Officer, Regulatory Affairs Manager.