Hartley People are recruiting a Cost Accountant for a leading multinational client in Waterford City.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role is responsible for all technical and operational aspects of cost accounting for the entity. This includes a hands-on knowledge of purchasing and manufacturing, intimate working knowledge of ERP systems, history of driving process and controls improvement and the ability to work effectively in a fast moving, cross-functional, environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Significant cost accounting experience with mid or large sized company
- Very strong attention to detail and professional curiosity
- Strong Excel skills (comfortable with pivot tables/ large data manipulation)
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls related to inventory reporting
- Experience in researching, developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Excellent analytical and technical accounting skills
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, including the preparation of COGS and inventory journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals, excess and obsolete inventory reserve calculations and intercompany transactions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual product gross margin analysis, including variance commentary and identification of process and cost saving opportunities
- Perform or support various inventory transactional processing (i.e. standard cost updates, scrapping, freight allocations, etc.)
- Monitor balance sheet accounts and prepare detailed account reconciliations for deferred COGS, capitalized variances, E&O reserves, etc.
- Coordinate quarterly physical inventory process and participate in loading counts into ERP system
- Design and implement a cycle count program, effective enough to eliminate quarterly physical inventory counts
- Partner with financial planning and analysis and operations teams to coordinate budgeting and forecasting, including materials, labor and overhead expense forecasting, standard cost setting, etc.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Eamonn on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.