Our Client, a well established manufacturing company are looking for a CAD Engineer to join their team.
CAD Engineer’s role is to manage all the technical aspects of the business. Working with fresh enquiries and product ideas and helping to carry them right through to working mechanical models ready for production. The engineer will also be responsible for programming of the 3 axis and 5 axis CNC machines using the latest CAM software.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design and quality standards.
- Understand industry design specifications and technical criteria to develop product designs based on customer and market specifications.
- Execution of strong project management techniques in delivering the models within budget and to defined timelines.
- Understand and implement work holding for manufacturing processes.
- Maintain revision and quality control on programs, tool sheets, and setup documentation.
- Plan and execute manufacturing processes individually or as a team.
- Liaise with customers throughout a project, to ensure all their requirements are met and if any changes are required.
– 2- 5 years’ experience in a plastic moulding or precision engineering manufacturing environment, or similar.
– Experience in 5-Axis CNC Machining would be a distinct advantage, but not a pre-requisite
– Must have demonstrable 2D and 3D SolidWorks (or equivalent) and AutoCAD experience
– Strong organisational skills, detail orientated and possess strong problem-solving skills.
– Strong people, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
– Great attendance, a positive attitude, and the ability to work under pressure.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Laura on 051-878813 or email your CV in word format to Laura@hartleypeople.com in response to this job posting.